Saturday, November 05, 2005

I am truly blessed

Well, I have definitely had an extremely rough week-rougher than usual. After Monday, things just kinda got worse and worse and I cracked it on Wednesday nite.

Dealings with the Australian immigration department has not been going well. I have been down to the Consulate General 3 times now and have yet to put my application in. Each time I'm down there, there is bound to be some document that I require that I don't have on me!!! Well, if they gave me the list of things I need to bring with me instead of stuffing me around I might have everything! I really dislike Immigration Departments-Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia!

Anyway, so I'm gonna make one more attempt at getting this visa either Monday or Tuesday. If I can't hand over my passport when I go down next I am not gonna make this trip to Melbourne. It will be a hard decision to make but I have been preparing myself for the worse. Why? Well, I just don't have anymore energy, stress and time to give to this anymore. I have never cracked under pressure but I did on Wednesday nite and I think that's quite a clear message that I just don't have any more to give...

However, despite the nightmare of the week the support around me has been another confirmation that I truly am meant to be in NZ. The Lord constantly shows me just how amazing He is and that although crap really hit the fan this week, He was there. A HUGE thanx goes out to Melissa, Juanita and Sarah. They have had to endure copious amounts of txt messages, phone calls and emails from a very frantic and emotional Jean but have been such an amazing source of comfort. The church has been SO great and everytime I've been in need of help and I have these selfless people around me offering their shoulder for me to cry on, their ears for me to let things out I am constantly reminder of what Katherine said to me one phone call chat we had many months ago.....and she said, "Jean, I really think you are meant to be there (NZ) even if you might think otherwise". And I have to say, "Kath, I agree whole heartedly and think you are very right". I don't mean to single out Melissa, Juanita and Sarah...I am also very grateful for others whom have allowed me to let off some steam on them.

So, I am truly blessed! Credit goes out to Brett for running such a fabulous church, cessioncommunity. He has done such a great job with us leaders...making sure we constantly have our eye on community and being real. And this week, I have seen that real-ness through the amazing support I have received. So Brett, thank you. I have found a home at cession and I love it!

It's 2 weeks til I finish off for the year and hopefully get to enjoy my trip to Melb. In terms of work load, I have 1 essay to go. This week is study week for my theory papers but I still have cooking. I don't mind that though. Pastry has been going well but my cooking did reflect my state of mind this week...Not the best I have produce but still edible-I think. I have subjected many with my cooking so I hope it was alright.

Guy Fawkes tonite. Heading over to the Jones' later in the evening to chill out with others from church and hopefully meet some others. Should be a good nite-filled with yummy food and great fellowship.

2 comments:

BJ said...

Can you believe it was only about 18 months ago you walked into the cession|chow kitchen and freaked me out by offering to help?

Thanks for "getting it" Jean!

jeanie said...

I can't believe it either...But I guess you can say that God had His hand it in all. I don't have any other explantion for it...do you?