Monday, November 21, 2005

I am knackered!

Well well well...I am officially out of uni for the year. Woohoo! Exam results will hopefully be out in a few weeks and in the mean time we play the waiting game. So much has happened in the last week that I thought I'd best start from where I left of last.

Monday I headed to the library to get some study done coz nothing gets done at home. Got some study done but not as much as I should. No surprise there. However, what I did a lot of was processing the message from the nite before. It was a very thought provoking message and service. Then headed of to gym to see my lovely girls.

Tuesday I decided that I really was so over studying that I procrastinated the whole day! Not cool, I know but I was in one of those "I don't care" moods. The best thing that happened was that I was over at Melissa's for our usual fortnightly meeting. It was one of the better sessions coz Melissa was quite "harsh". I don't mean that in a bad way...It was good coz it meant that I had to talk and open up. Over the past 3 weeks or so I bombarded her inbox with a whole heap of questions that have been popping into my head as I've been processing life and my faith. So we looked at some of the questions and no matter how detailed I made the questions so that I didn't have to say anything and just absorb, Melissa was bound to find something to pick out and throw a question back at me! It was a great session and I had a fabulous time. Spent the nite getting ready for the first of my assessments for the next day.

Pastry theory and practical assessments were on Wednesday. Managed 86% for theory without studying so I was quite stoked! Not very sure yet what I ended up with for practical but it went rather well. Hopefully I find out my marks soon. Was at uni til 8pm.

Thursday I sat my IT exam. This is the extra exam that no one else sat but me. Why? Coz computers are stupid! When I sat the exam last semester, the computer decided to delete my project of the database so there was no exam to mark. So I went and saw the lecturer and they decided to give me a Conditional Pass, on the condition that I resit the exam. So that's what I did and it was good; much the same as the last exam just worded differently. I did my last shift at this gym I was at. It just wasn't working out with me and the head coach and it would benefit me to go to another gym. One of the parents actually came running out the door after me to get my number so that they could go with me to this other gym I'm going to. I couldn't help but have a bit a a cry! It was so touching and lovely that theier daughter enjoyed my being her coach so much that the parent is willing to go with me and continue to have me as her daughter's coach. I'll miss the others though. These girls have come a long way since I first had them. They have worked extremely hard without complaining and they have reaped the rewards!

Friday was a LONG day. I had 2 exams on the same day with about a 1 hour gap in between each of them. So the day started with a cramming session before the Gastronomy exam. I'm glad we had that cramming session coz I would have failed without it! The results will be interesting. Then it was Beverage exam after lunch. It went really well. After the exams it was a whirl wind trip to get shopping for cafe done. I left uni at bout 2.45pm and didn't get home til 5.30pm! Then it was a little rest before starting the cooking for cafe. Had a friend over to watch a movie as a wind down session after the exams. It was nice.

Parties parties parties was the highlight for Saturday. It was Mel & Tyrone's engagement party, Tyrell's 1st birthday party and Liz & Scott's engagement party all shoved into one day! It was a lovely time of relaxation but also meant that I didn't get any cooking done. So got home at bout 5pm and started cooking. Didn't stop til bout 10.30pm! I really thought that I wasn't gonna get to sleep that nite...

The day of cessioncafe arrives! Sunday was hectic. A whole heap of running around, last minute cooking and last minute shopping. All in all it was a good nite. I think we managed to get about 80 people to cafe. There were a bunch of people that came just from the newspaper ad we put out. How cool?! Let's hope they come back...The team that helped in the kitchen were fab. They were complimented on the amazing presentation. Talk about talent! Coffee's were good too despite the rookies working the machine.

So, I am absolutely knackered! I woke up this morning really sore all over. Must be all that running around like a headless chook-I was doing that for most of the nite. If the Jones' are moving today I'll pop round and help them unpack. I'm trying to keep myself busy or I'll go insane. Actually, I really need to be looking for work.

SO....it has been a really busy week and now it's a bit of an anti climax! Will be trying to catch up with some friends that I haven't seen in a while. Cassey had the baby on Saturday so I'll probably pop round to see her and baby.

Sorry if you were expecting an informative post...This week hasn't been good for that kinda post.

No comments: