Monday, October 31, 2005

Free & Unbound

I am a bit worse for wear this morning. Sunday was rough...and after the chaos that engulfed quite a few of us we all kinda needed a good nite's rest. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep-must have been the adrenalin still pumping.

Despite the madness and tension leading up to last nite, all went surprisingly well. God is good...Jacob did a great job leading worship and to his surprise, there were a few more people who turned up for team other than himself! Ian debuted on drums and he did a great job. All in all the service was great.

Megan did an amazing job with dinner last nite. Seeing as it was mostly a one (wo)man show, it was a wonder that she wasn't stressed! But then again, it is Megan we are talking about. Thanx Megs. Thanx goes out to Sarah, too, for stepping up and giving Megs a hand or two when she needed it.

Started a new series on Freedom last nite. Melissa preached a message on renovation-renovating our thinking, ways & lives. What I got most out of it was renovating my thinking. It's something that most of us struggle with and I am no exception. For those who know me well enough, I can see you nodding your heads furiously. Despite how well I accomplish anything, I always find a fault (even if there isn't one), focus all my attention on it and make the biggest deal of it.

But it's times like that that I forget that I am the of God's work and His work great. Actually it is beyond great, there is no word that can describe how wonderful His work is. And it's not just me, everyone is the result of His work. And because God is perfect, none of us are mistakes. We are all put in this world for a reason-each one for a different reason. So, though it might not be easy to renovate my thinking starting with small steps always help. And I must say...though I still have a long way to go to where I need to be, I am getting better...

Thanx for the message(s), Melissa. You did a fantastic job at both services.

LONG day ahead today. Been up since 5.30am and am already at uni. So, I'll be "trying" to get some more essay done before Gastronomy at 10am. Then I'll be heading to the Aust High Comm to sort my visa situation out, then it's Beverage class til 4pm. I am also coaching tonite from 4.45pm to 8pm and the day is rounded off with a cessionchow meeting. I don't see myself getting home til 9.30pm! Sleep in is looking good tomoz...

No comments: