Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What a relief

One of the few things I wanted to get done before the planned trip to Melbourne was to get my "full drivers license". Well, I've just got back from the test and I'm pleased to say that I passed. I'm glad I did, coz if I didn't it would have made not going to Melb even more suck! Apart from that, it would have been $115 down the drain...

The other thing that's on my mind now is......a saxophone! I told myself that if the Melb trip didn't happen that I'd get a little retail therapy. So I went and checked out Tom Kroon's (a music store) yesterday with Ian and I was rather pleased at the prices. They weren't as expensive as I thought they were gonna be.

I've always wanted to play the sax and it was on the list of things I was saving for after Melb. It's just moved up the list! I'll prob settle for a rented one first just to make sure that I truly like playing the sax. If I do, then I'll get one! Liz, I'm still holding you to that offer bout going with me when and if I buy the sax...

7 comments:

Rhett said...

That is wicked! Lets get some saxaphone in church!

Anonymous said...

Totally, yay sax shopping... ya never know, you may inspire me to pick up mine again. I do miss it but find it difficult to have the time!! I'll hunt out my old books for you to borrow too.

jeanie said...

I did think it'll be cool lif we have a brass section at church! Liz, you and I could rock the church...Your old books would be fab! Thanx babe

Anonymous said...

Well done on your license!

And a sax! YAY!! which one? as you know I'm a tenor girl myself, although I have to confess that sax playing has not happened this year :(

jeanie said...

Thanx!

Well, I've been eye-ing an alto. I'll prob head back to the music store after my exams next week. Can't wait...

Like I said, I'll be renting one first just to make sure I'm serious bout spending $1000! But I'll let you know how I go after my first lesson.

BJ said...

Come on
Oh baby don’t you wanna go
Come on
Oh baby don’t you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home chicago

Come on
Baby don’t you wanna go
Hidehey
Baby don’t you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Oh sweet home chicago

Well, one and one is two
Six and two is eight
Come on baby don’t ya make me late
Hidehey
Baby don’t you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home chicago

Come on
Baby don’t you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home chicago

Six and three is nine
Nine and nine is eighteen
Look there brother baby and see what I’ve seen
Hidehey
Baby don’t you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home chicago

Oh come on
Baby don’t you wanna go
Come on
Baby don’t you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home chicago

Screen Doors Lynchburg said...

Hi thaanks for sharing this