Monday, November 07, 2005

Restored? Maybe...

Last nite was the second week of a 3 week series called Freedom. Brett talked about restoration. Restoring what? Well, restoring life. Forgiving what and whom needs to be forgiven and asking forgiveness from those you need forgiveness from. Once that is done, you can then head down the road of letting things that have had a grip on you for a long time-past hurts.

At the beginning, Brett had warned us that he would probably hit some raw spots for some people, if it hadn't already. Well, it sure hit me real hard. As I've been through life, I have been hurt by many whom I thought were my friends. I invested so much into those relationships but in return got everything thrown back into my face. And this happened in Malaysia, Australia and even in New Zealand. And the baggage I carry around is not only from past friendships, it is also from within the family and boy does that hurt even more!

Being an introvert, I am not one to seek for help. I then to just isolate myself and hope that the situation just diffuses and if it becomes like what it used to, then that's great. Otherwise, we'll just pretend that nothing ever happened. And this vicious cycle repeats itself over and over again everytime I get hurt. So, I am someone who is carrying a whole heap of excess baggage and have yet to get rid of it.

So Brett's message...Well, it was hard to hear that we need to know and be known, celebrate and be celebrated, love and be loved. This is what cessioncommunity is all about: being real. I know that's what Brett goes on about every week but when it comes to actually putting that into action in tough times it's not so easy. It's all good and well talking about it but I guess I have to walk what I talk, huh?!

So here's a challenge for you (and me): Have someone you truly trust and be totally honest with them. It'll be a hard start but I hope that you will be able to start heading down that road where you can start restoring your life. Sarah has been fabulous. We have an accountability relationship going and it's been great for me and I hope for her, too. I am still rather reserved about stuff that's going on but I'm getting better at opening up. SO thanx Sarah.

This relationship has also helped me restore my trust in people. With so many past hurts I have a real hard time trusting people. I tend to think that there is always an ulterior motive behind why they want to be my 'friend'. But Sarah and others at cession have proved that wrong.

It's class at 2pm today and then coaching at 4.45pm. Had a nice sleep in-it was much needed. Tomorrow, I'm off to the Australian Consulate General in hope of handing my passport over to them. If that doesn't happen I'll probably be packing the trip in. Then I'll be having lunch with Jenna. Lunch should be good. I'm just hoping that the trip to the Consulate doesn't ruin lunch.

No comments: