Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Melbourne...2007

Well, the inevitable happened...I am not going to Melbourne! Yea it sucks but I'm alright with it. I prepared myself for the worst before I got to the High Comm. However, I am pissed off...not at the fact that I can't go but at the fact that they couldn't tell me why I am not able to go when I made my first trip to the High Comm.

So why am I not going....? Well, apparently if you are on a visa and leave the country before the visa expires you are meant to inform the immigration Dept. Someone forgot to tell me that little bit of information. So I left Australia thinking that it'll all be groovy and it shouldn't be a problem. After all, I am leaving their country. It's not like I'm jumping ship! So I found out today that I was meant to have informed the Immigration Dept when I left and because I didn't, my visa got cancelled. And when a visa is cancelled, you are not allowed back into the country for 3 years!!!! Therefore, if I ever want to make a trip...it won't be til after March 26, 2007!

It sucks but what can I do...? Oh well. I am bummed that I'll miss the World Champs, Comm Games & not see my friends. But on the other hand, that will be my excuse for getting you guys over here! *hehe*

Anyway, just thought I'd keep you updated and I'll probably give you guys a buzz this weekend just to catch up proper.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeh! the Aussie's can't have you!!! Sorry you're bummed honey, but us Kiwi's have gotta keep the good ones over here ;)

(p.s. reading your blog is a highly effective avoid the study method!)

jeanie said...

Hey Rach!

I'm glad I have been able to assist you in procrastination! It's a skill I do so well and I'm glad to be of assistance...

Well, I guess it's the saxophone now...I'll be hassling you for lessons soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh :( gives very grumpy look.

I was looking forward to seeing you.

Damn damn damn.

Well we can't do anything about it - so I won't make you stress more, and I'll have to start saving, and entering every "free trip to NZ" competition.

Don't call this weekend though Jean, I'm up to my eyebrows. sigh...

Anonymous said...

Oh Jean. Sucks Babe!!! looks like we just have to keep you!

jeanie said...

Hey Mrs O...

I was REALLY looking forward to chilling with you guys for a week and catching Harry Potter together....

I'm really disappointed but oh well! That's life so...

At least when I finally get to make the trip it'll be even more worth it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed Jean!
You Kiwis better enjoy her company!
By the way, I have to ask...is it actually possible to sunbathe in New Zealand?

jeanie said...

Oh Frank....

I just might take you up on that offer on sunbathing but you can keep your flies to yourself! And Kath wasn't ignorant! She was taking the piss outta you....

Kath, I'm real disappointed too...but there's nothing much I can do. Oh well, you'll def have to make your trip over here then!

jeanie said...

oh sorry....I should have actually said "PASTOR Frank"! hehe..