Saturday, October 29, 2005

Happenings

The past few weeks have been rather hectic. Not surprising really. It's that time of the semester where assignments are all due in and exams to follow. So, it's 3 more weeks (including exams) til the end of the semester. It's all very exciting but I'm running on a really short fuse. With 3 essays due in the next 2 weeks and exams in the third week, that's not all that's on my plate at the moment. So I'm kinda in stress mode-getting short with people and irritable. Not good, I know but I am trying to keep my cool.

Last Friday, Melissa & I had our usual fortnightly meeting. Well actually, it wasn't usual. Melissa invited me over for dinner. So it was dinner with Melissa, Jacob & Melva. Jacob cooked dinner and it was REALLY yummy (despite the fact that it was a little too spicy for me)! After dinner Melissa, Melva & I headed to the lounge to watch America's next Top Model. Then Melissa & I had our little meeting, which we finished up just in time for Rove. David Hasselhoff was on so we just had to watch Rove!!!! But all in all it was a great nite. It was really nice to be invited for dinner and not have people wondering whether or not their food is good enough for me just coz I am a chef! Thanx guys...

Exam week is Nov 14-Nov 18. The current line up is Pastry practical (this assessment scares the crap outta me! I am not pastry chef material so I just hope nothing goes wrong) & theory on Wed, IT exam on Thurs (this is the stupid paper that I have to re sit the exam for coz somehow my exam got deleted off the database!) and Gastronomy on Fri. I will have an exam for Beverage too but the date is yet to be confirmed. So it'll sit nicely in that week some where...

What else is on the plate for me? Well, that week is also the week when we will be having our next cafe at cessioncommunity. And when cafe comes round, it means that I will be on full force for bout 2 weeks before the actual date recruiting people and cooking round the clock. Cafe was originally planned for Nov 27 but coz I was gonna be away then it got moved to Nov 20. I'm glad they moved it coz it means that I can be part of an amazing event but at the same time it's more stress...It'll be good though.

SO, that week is going to be interesting. I'll be juggling exam study and cafe organising. The day after cafe, I leave for Melb! So I'll be worrying bout packing for 3 weeks too. It will be interesting to see how I come out at the end of it all. This is advance warning for those in Melb: Jean may be crazy when you see her!!!

Well, I booked and paid for my plane ticket on Thursday. It was very exciting! Unfortunately, this thing called a visa has decided to put my plans on hold for the moment. The travel agent tried to apply for the visa electronically but the Aust High Comm wouldn't approve of it. So I had to return the ticket, get a new itinerary and head to the Aust High Comm on Mon. It shouldn't be a big deal but some prayers would be much appreciated. I'll update you on the result when I get it sorted out.

Also on Thurs, I had a one on one meeting with Juanita. Juanita is currently the ministry leader of cessionchow, which is one of the ministries I'm involved in. So over she came at 8.30am on Thurs and we talked. I had an inkling about what is was about and it was exactly what I thought it was! Well, Juanita took on the role of ministry leader when it first started coz there was no one else to do the job. For a while now, I knew she wanted to pass it on and start up another ministry. So, we threw some ideas around and when I get back from Melb I'll be taking over some responsibilities, such as menu planning and rostering. And as 2006 rolls around, I'll pick more and more up and eventually take over the running of all of chow. However, this won't happen til I am finished at uni.

Last nite, I cooked for the Dunn's. I headed over at bout 5pm but no one was home. I finished off the rest off my errands and went back to their place but still no one. So I hung around for bout 30 mins but no one came home...Oh well, it was Lamb Navarin & mash for dinner last nite!

Tonite, I'm off to do my first shift at a place called Celcius Gastrobar. Dad works there too so that's how I got the job. It should be interesting. I'm kinda rusty in terms of working the hot line so I hope that there won't be any major hiccups.

But before I head out to work tonite, I'd better get my ass into gear and work on my essays. So that's me for now...

No comments: