Thursday, September 08, 2005

The people we cross paths with

Some things have been happening in the wonderful world of Jean this past few days-some good, some not so good.

So lets start with the good first. The girls at gym had a competition about a week or so ago. The weeks leading up to that comp, I worked their little butts off and they trained really well. I'm very proud of being their coach and at this recent comp they blew me away. They competed really well and even came back with some medals and placings! They are competing again this weekend, so hopefully they'll do as well of not better. These girls often make me wonder why they keep coming back to gym and wanting to train with me...I am a tough coach-I don't give in to excuses, I work them hard, I have them sit in splits for 15 mins every nite! But I guess it's probably coz they love the sport enough to know that hard work is needed to progress and get results.

Of all the girls I coach, there are 2 that are extra special to me. (I know as a coach you are not meant to have favourites but I can't help it.) They never seem to want to go home after each session, they are always persuading their parents to let them stay longer and their parents are fab too! I always get a sincere 'Thank you' and it makes me feel really appreciated.

On another not so good note, I've been having issues with a uni mate and tonite it's just got worse. We haven't been talking to each other and for the past few hours we have been having a slight go at each other over txt! Not good...

We started of on a real good note just a year ago when we both started this course. Being so naive I probably didn't see past her 'niceness' and earlier this year I saw her true colours. I tried to work it through but it just hasn't been the same. And this semester, it's just gone down the drains.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I didn't play a part in this relationship going to the dogs. But I've tried to salvage it and everytime I try it just slaps me back in the face and I just don't see myself taking anymore of it. So as of today, I think it's officially over.

So..........what am I trying to say here? I guess it's got me thinking about the different people we encounter each day. Why are we blessed with such amazing people but at the same time have to deal with not so amazing people? It is definitely easy to be nice and encouraging to the people who reciprocate that. But how do you go about dealing with people who just seem to constantly be takers and not givers in the relationship? There is only so much you can give until you have to take.

What do I do with this uni mate of mine? Is the door close for us and is there a lesson behind all of this or are we still to be friends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to say "This is the end of a friendship" but sometimes it is important to say to yourself "this friendship is not doing me any good".
It sounds like that's where you are.
The door doesn't have to be closed and locked. People change, mature, reflect and someone who is difficult can change to a wonderful friend later. But don't keep bashing your head against a wall. You've tried, it hasn't worked, leave it and get on with positive relationships.

Well done on the gym. Caity's favourite coaches have always been her toughest ones.