Monday, September 19, 2005

Melbourne here I come!

Well, it is exactly 2 months today til the World Champs officially kick off in Melbourne. It starts off with podium training for the men, then the women and then the games begin. Competiton starts with Men's qualifiers, Women's qualifiers, then continues with Individual All-Around Finals for Men & Women and lastly if finishes off with Apparatus Finals for Men & Women. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! I bought my tickets for the Games bout a month and a half ago and the next thing to do will be to get my air ticket...I can't wait!

It's been a very stormy weekend-both weather wise and matter-of-factly speaking. The weather has been insanely yuck, with really strong winds topped with showers every now and again. We are defnitely back into winter; well actually, we didn't have a winter this year.

Had the elections this past weekend too. I voted for the first time and I have to say, it was an interesting experience. Back in Malaysia, I never really took much notice or interest in elections but this time it was quite different. I actually sat in front of the tv and watched most of the live coverage about how the votes were going.

National started off with a REALLY good lead but Labour caught up rather quickly to even out the votes fairly well with Labour only leading by 1%! However, that doesn't mean they have won. There is still a huge amount of Special votes to be counted and that will not be finalised til Oct 1. These votes will ditermine the next government. So in the mean time...we wait.

Started a new series last nite: The Great Ommission. It was a fantastic start and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. *If you are itching to find out what the series was on...feel free to pop round to Brett's blog for an excerpt. It does however, come with a warning! WARNING: some sections may be rather graphic for some people's liking!

So, it's a long week ahead as I finish up on assignments before heading on holiday for 2 weeks. It will be a much enjoyed break, that's for sure. But first, I have to get through this week before I get to enjoy the holidays...

2 comments:

BJ said...

Next week, we'll hear from some real life missionaries...

Anonymous said...

Yay for holidays! Assignments Aschmignments.