Friday, September 09, 2005

Good times

It's been such a stark contrast between today and yesterday. Don't get me wrong-I'm really glad that today has gone by so well and my heavy heart feels a lot lighter!

So what have been the happenings...Uni finished extremely early today so I was able to head on home at about 11am instead of the usual 3pm, managed to catch up with Sarah & a rather relaxed nite in.

We had a great kitchen class today. We cooked a TexMex chicken dish, a Salmon with Tequila & Lime Vinaigrette dish & a Pork with Onion Confit dish-all turning out like they could be sold in restaurants and the lecturer was very pleased. It's our last class today before our assessment on Wednesday. I'm not too worked up about the assessment as such but rather how well I'll do. I'm one of those real bad perfectionist and want to get 100% every assessment and if I don't I'll be giving myself crap for it til the cows come home...So, no theory class today coz the time was assigned to revision (like anyone went home and studied!).

Then later in the day, Sarah and I headed out for coffee. We spent a good amount of money and time together! Recently, we started an accountability partnership and had our first official meeting today. It was good. I guess at this stage it isn't really keeping each other accountable but rather getting to know each other at a deeper level and also for each of us to have someone to confide in and be really transparent with. *That's the way I'm seeing it now but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Sarah* So, hopefully as time goes by and as we develop a deeper friendship, we'll be able to keep each other accountable in various aspects of our lives. I'm very much looking forward to when we get to that stage of our relationship!

It's that time again when Melva runs Cell Leaders' Training for current and upcoming cell leaders and it's happening tomorrow. Because it's a whole day thing, lunch is part of the deal and Melva gets me to sort lunch out for them. So I've just spent the last couple of hours in the kitchen cooking and it's been a fab therapy session! Talk about cheap therapy... :P I do love it when I am asked to sort out a meal for a bunch of people. There's just this great satisfaction in knowing that you prepared it and people are gonna appreciate it. There's a little more cooking that needs to be done but I can't tackle it til tomorrow before I head over to Brett's so I've got all this time to chill! A fantastic feeling...

Well that's over & out from me

3 comments:

Rhett said...

And man, that food was good!

BJ said...

Thats

BJ said...

...for sure