Friday, April 27, 2007

Once in a lifetime

I still can't believe I'm writing this post!

Yesterday, myself and another girl from class were asked to stay back after class coz our lecturer wanted to have a chat with us. My immediate thought was, "Oh crap! What have I done now....". But I was wrong!

We were hand picked by the uni to go to Australia (either Melb or Sydney) for 5 days in June. ***Unfortunately, that is all I can say for now because we have been told it is confidential.

I guess the reason why I am so stoked is the fact that I was hand chosen but also that it is praticaly a free trip! All expeneses paid for-accomodation, flights, meals, transportation even $400 just for helping out. I get a free trip to Melb and an extra one for the year...

However, the only thing stopping me from going is a lovely thing called a visa. As most of you know, I was not allowed back into Asutralia for 3 yrs since the day I left. Even though my 3 yrs are up, there is still this seed of doubt that I may not get it approved. So I would really appreciate your prayers about this...

Aside form really wanting to go back to Melb and see my friends, this trip is also a once in a lifetime opprotunity and may open doors for me for when I eventually head back to Melb to settle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jean,
Huuuuge congrats on being hand picked to go to Oz! You deserve it.

I'll be praying for ya,
Sarah

Steve Goble said...

Woo-hoo!