Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Long overdue

Yes...I have been slack-not updating etc. Unfortunately, I just seem to be getting busier and busier each year. I know that often it is by choice but sometimes I really don't understand how I can be busier and more swamped with paperwork when I seem to not have taken on anymore. ANYHOW...

SO this post is definitely long overdue. About late mid March, I received a rather unexpected call from my Program Leader (AUT) at a very peculiar hour of the day-8pm! I answered the call in a rather worried voice as Glenys informed me that she had a back log of stuff to do and I was on that list of things to do. I'm thinking, "Oh crap! What have I done wrong now to receive a phone call at this hour?!". But much to my surprise, it was actually to inform me that I had won an award for the previous academic year that I was enrolled at AUT. And to add to the surprise...dad won the award too! Yes, we were joint receipients of this award! A first for AUT...

So off I went home and told dad about it. He was quite pleased, too. And her I was thinking that was that and looking forward to the awards ceremony.

Then the next day, I received another call from Glenys saying that news got round AUT and dad and I were making local celebreties of ourselves-AUT communications dept wanted to do a write about dad and I winning this award. So I said ok. I guess it wouldn't do any harm.

Long story short, we had an interview and photos taken. Here are some photos and a link to the article.

*I tried to put on some photos but I think the files were too big to be able to uploaded. I'll try again later. Enjoy the article anyway.

No comments: