Thursday, June 08, 2006

Teacher's pet?

Yesterday I was asked by my lecturer to participate in a Magic Box cook off in 2 weeks time. It is a competition where if you win, you will represent Auckland in a competition later in the year in Wellington.

I was a little apprehensive about it but eventually said yes. Crazy, I know! What have I got myself into?!!!

Well, I have gained my lecturer's respect that he asked me and no one else in the class to compete. If I win, I get one on one coaching from him. And I see this as an amazing opportunity. He is giving me his time even though I won't be his student anymore after next week. And also, it'll look fab on my CV.

But again, I find myself asking, "Why me? What is it in me that he sees that is worth him giving up his time?".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He sees a very talented student who is focused on learning and wanting to improve herself.
He sees someone he will be proud to say of, in a few year's time: "I taught her".

Congratulations! and even though it will be stressful for you, don't focus on the winning or losing - you have already won by being the one who was asked!