Thursday, June 08, 2006

Final Menu

The much talked about Final Menu Assessment in fast approaching. June 13, to be exact.

Last Sunday, I had the Coomes' over for dinner. I had my first practice of my final menu on them. It didn't go all that well but I'm glad I did that practice. I was able to find out where I needed to fix things and better them in order to get as many marks as I possibly can.

Tonite, I had a second practice at uni. Again, glad I had another practice. Still there were some things for me to watch out for and change to make it better. In general, I feel a little better about next week. Still nervous and don't see myself sleeping next Monday but there is a small sense of calm and peace within.

Just to tantalize your taste buds, here is my menu...

Bread
Foccacia
Starter
Venison Consomme
Entree
Crispy Skin Salmon Kerabu Salad
Main
Poussin Poele served with Coriander Rice, Butter tossed Green Beans & Chargrilled Red Capsicum
Dessert
Individual Lemon Curd Tart accompanied with Vanilla Ice Cream & Berry Coulis

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was challenged this morning to comment.... so here I am.... commenting.....

jeanie said...

Hey Frank...would love to have another practice but can't afford another round of ingredients (unless of course you are offering to buy them). But you'll some how have to kick the Powell's out of the house though....

And Nicola, now that's just a sad sad attempt, though much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum, yum,

Your friends over there are very lucky.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the ice has broken now and they will become a regular thing.

jeanie said...

Thanx Frank....

The reason why I said that you needed to kick the Powell's out of the house is coz they are my other 2 guests for my lunch so they are not allowed to taste anything before the actual day.

But I can always redo my menu just for you Frank! I can always count on the Powell/Ritchie to be guinea pigs.

Anonymous said...

cool menu jean! sounds like a lot of work! anytime you have some new word i never heard of it must be good, haha... hey didya know poussin poele is a royal dish? here's the link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1843580624/103-5618886-8712643?v=glance&n=283155
although i still have no clue what style of game chicken that is...

wk

jeanie said...

Hey Wai Kin

There was a lot of time that went into that menu. Not just on the day but all the practices, the menu design, costing etc. It was fun though.

Poussin is basically baby chicken. So it's considered poultry, not game (unless of course you go and hunt for your own wild chicken).