Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Marks, photos, competition

So headed into uni yesterday to get marks and have a break up lunch with class. I know there are some who want to know what I got so here it is...77% for the Final Menu & 85% for theory. And here are photos of my dishes:


Foccacia

Venison Consomme




Salmon Kerabu








Poussin Poele with Herbed Rice, Butter tossed Green Beans & Char Grilled Capsicum

Sorry...That's all I could get up on the blog. It wouldn't load on the dessert photo so that's it. You can imagine what it looked like or ask the Jones'.
So now that all that is over I thought that was that but NO! I managed to rope myself in for a competition which is happening this Saturday. If anyone would like to come watch, it's at AUT Wellesley campus, H Block, Level 3, Kitchen 3 from 9-2.30pm.

7 comments:

BJ said...

77% is good right? :)

I would have given you higher marks based on actually consuming the food. The bread was excellent. The soup was very delicate. The salmon was enhanced by some very interesting condiments. The chicken baby was excellent - tender and tasty. I think I was most amazed by the ice cream - it was smooth and tasted just like a bought one! Better of course.

Congrats!!!

jeanie said...

77% is alright...not crash hot, could have been better but oh well!

But thanx again for coming on such short notice. I appreciate it.

Rhett said...

Just to let you know Jean, we're always happy for you to try out your food on us.

Brett doesn't need it anymore than we do... I mean, he's so close to the Big Guy he probably has a steady supply of Manna from above.

That's what I heard, anyway.

Well done on the results!

Geekery said...

I get a pretty steady supply of Manna, but never of the food kind, so ignore all people with names ending in 'ett' and feed people who need feeding, like families of five living in South Auckland... ;o)

Anonymous said...

It is fortunate that I was always check your blog after dinner,Jean, because you keep putting up such delicious looking meals.

Congrats on the results!
I'm sure you would have preferred 95 or some such thing, but I think it is fantastic, and especially after all the stresses and mucking around.

Hi to Kath, and I hope you too are having a great time together.
And best wishes for Saturday!

BJ said...

Rhett and Jonathan are both trying way too hard...I have one simple question:

Why would I settle for "manna from heaven" when I can eat Jean's food?

Come on you guys!

jeanie said...

Now now kids....Behave!