Saturday, May 27, 2006

Smile!

Apparently I don't smile enough! The other day, I overheard Jonathan say to Melissa that he never sees me smile on Sundays....And I thought, "That's true. But Sunday's can get a little stressful and my mind isn't really on smiling but more, I need to get things done. Also, it's not like I don't smile normally". Anyway, I took it into account and for one of my goals for my last performance evaluation (Melissa makes me fill out performance evaluations after each nite I am on chow duty) I put down SMILE. And I did try to smile through out the nite. It didn't last for long but I did try. Then a few days later, I was in my practical class and another lecturer that I know walked in. He started talking to my current lecturer and then stopped, looked at me and said, "Jean, smile....".

So, I came to the conclusion that maybe I tend to get my knickers in a knot just a bit too much and smiling may be kinda necessary. I've been real conscious about how much I smile lately and I'm trying. However, a lot of the time it's not coz I'm not happy or worried, I'm just concentrating. When I was in class, that's exactly what it was...concentrating on what I was doing. But I will keep trying. I know I have enough people around to make sure I keep at it. :)

Something to definitely smile about is the fact that I have finished and handed in my last official assignment ever! I hate assignments and sure as hell hated that last one too. So I'm absolutely stoked to have finished it. I can't wait to have assessments over and done with too...I do prefer assessments/exams over assignments but the stress of wanting A+s is a bit much. Having said that, even though I am worried about my up coming practical assessments, they should be fun. I'm especially looking forward to the 4 people I'm having as my guest for my Final Menu assessment. But first, I do have to practice so I don't stuff up on the day. So I'm having some friends, who have kindly obliged to being guinea pigs, over for dinner next weekend. Should be fun...

Also, with the weeks of uni slowly diminishing from weeks to days, it means that Katherine is due in NZ soon. I'm so looking forward to her coming. We caught up over the phone the other day and it was just so exciting to know that I'm finally gonna see her again....I can't explain the excitement. It just can't be put into words but yea, I'm really looking forward to it and I know she is too. You counting down the days yet, Kath? I am!

6 comments:

Geekery said...

Hey! You have a great smile, and I have seen you use it on a Sunday!

jeanie said...

Sorry...Should I rephrase that statement?

"The other day, I overheard Jonathan say to Melissa that he never sees me smile on Sundays."

It should probably say...."The other day, I overheard Jonathan say to Melissa that he DOESN'T/HARDLY sees me smile on Sundays."

Is that more accurate, Jono? :)

Anonymous said...

I have a photo on my board at school of my three 'daughters' as you definitely have a smile!!

Is it too late to fly over so that I can be a guinea pig for your dinner?? I'm still really sad about the meals we missed together last year (and not just because you were going to cook one of them :P)

Into reports, exams, more reports now. But I'm sure they'll be an end.

*hugs*

jeanie said...

You are always welcomed to be a guinea pig, Mrs O (sorry, still can't call you Bronny yet. Might get there eventually)! You know I'd love to have you over...

Yea, I'm sad too that we didn't get a chance to have those meals together. Oh well, the amount of excuses for you to make a trip here are accumalating very quickly.

:)

Anonymous said...

Yep Jean, I know what you mean! I'm so looking forward to coming over.
Just under three weeks now...

BJ said...

This made me smile... :)