Monday, January 02, 2006

Ushering in 2006

I hope that everyone had as great a time ushering in the new year as I did....

I had a rather easy week at work last week due to post X'mas and pre New Year celebrations which was really nice. At bout 10am on New Year's eve, I received an invite to the Powell/Ritchie collective for celebrations. I was stoked when I got the invite however, it did come with some added stress. I had to go get stuff for the bbq and get cleaned up before heading over. This all had to be done in the span of an hour and a half....It was all worth it though.

So we had a bbq with mostly friends from cession and a few of Melva's work mates. Then later in the evening we headed to Devonport and up Mt. Victoria with some bubbly to catch the fireworks as we welcomed in 2006. It was spectacular! What made it more special was the drive with the Powell's. They tagged along with me for the drive to and fro Devonport and I managed to get to know them even more! I was a little worse for wear by the time I got home, at 2am the next day, but I had such a good time that I was quite happy to be tired...

Anyway, so it was worship at 10am the next morning and then a Desperate Housewives party with Juanita at the Jones'. Nice relaxing nite in front of the tv...Then it was up early for work this morning. Oh well...the fun had to stop sometime.

The rest of the week will be filled with work, writing some music (my new summer project) and just hanging.

I really don't know how the music writing will pan out but we'll see. I'll keep you up to date on it.

P/S: To my Melb mates... The film has gone to the photo shop and I promise to put up some photos on the next post.

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Thanx Frank....

Well, I was told whilst growing up to never go empty handed to parties etc so sometimes I just can't help it.

And it was the best new year celebrations I've had in ages! It was made better spent with amazing friends!