Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Current reads

These are some of my most recent purchases and reads. I've finished one of them (90 minutes in Heaven) and am currently tackling 2 books at the same time-an easy read (the first of the Narnia books) and one that requires some thinking (Perfecting Ourselves to Death).


This is the infamous book on perfection that Melissa purchased especially for me. It is only on loan but that's cool. Like I have said in previous posts, I'm really enjoying it and it's definitely a good read if you want to understand people like me!









This book was recommended to me by Kath. She found it a really easy read and written in a way that was easy to understand, too. I am yet to start it as I am still going with the book above. I don't think I'd be able to cope reading 2 books that require brain power at the same time. But it's the next to tackle on my list.







I decided to purchase the set of Narnia books after I watch The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at the movies. I actually watched it without having read the books. I'm still only on the first book, The Magician's Nephew and it's going well.









This book I saw whilst browsing thorough Koorong's online catalog and thought it might be interesting so I got it. I finished this book in 1 week. A nice easy read that gives you an insight to what heaven looks like. It's written by a guy that died in a car crash, went to heaven spent 90 minutes there and came back to life on earth. Insightful and enlightening.






So if you would like to have a read of any of these books, feel free to borrow them off me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jean,

I read 90 minutes in heaven, and had to conclude it was a load of bollocks... sorry! My (limited) understanding of the bible lead me to believe that you don't recognise people in heaven (i.e. story about guy asking which wife would be his wife in heaven...). But this guy claims he saw loads of people from his life who had died..... hmmmmm. Plus the fact that he's profiting big time from it.
call me a cynic, but I think it's rubbish.

:) Rach.

jeanie said...

Well...I got it coz I thought it would be an interesting read, nothing more. So yea...I came to no conclusion when I finished.

jeanie said...

Thanx for that info Frank. My understanding on the Bible is rather limited too so that was helpful.

And while I came to no conclusion, and like you and Rach am rather sceptical of such stories, it was interesting.