Saturday, November 22, 2008

2 weeks out and...

...I'm entertaining myself rather well and keeping pretty sane. I'm also loving the stress free nature I'm currently in!

Initially I was rather apprehensive about finishing up at uni and trying to figure out what was happening with full time work, if I had any at all, and just trying to plan my life over the remaining months of the year and through to early next year.

I didn't have any full time work lined up, got stuffed around with what part time work I had and just figuring out how much time off I was gonna give myself. But as I have been proven to time and time again that as a door closes another will open in due time. And I now have a full time job lined up at a new restaurant that is due to open mid-Dec/ early Jan. In the mean time...

First week out of uni was interesting. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself but I managed to fill it up with stuff to do-fun and relaxing but nonetheless entertaining. I was able to catch up with a friend from UK that was passing through for a few days. It was nice to see her again. I actually also managed to see her when I was in Melb. We both happened to be in Melb at the same time and decided to catch up. I got to watch Rhys and Raegan for the afternoon, too. This was interesting...after that arvo, Kristen may not let me take them again! But seriously, they were a blast! The remainder of the week included another session at yoga with a new found friend! and a quiz nite with some friends.

For the past 5 weeks, a certain somebody and I have been going to these yoga sessions that is performed in a heated room (~40C) for 90mins. It has been blast! I've started seeing results already. Now to tell you a little more about this certain somebody...No! It's not a boy that I've recently met...

Now, Monique is a pretty amazing individual. I originally met her as my podiatrist. I was referred to her by my osteo who was at his wits end bout my back as it just wasn't getting any better. I was seeing her for a while. One day she suggested that maybe I look into trying some yoga to see if it'd help my back. I politely said' "Yea, sure I'll look into it" but fully was just gonna do that and no more. But she then finished her email by saying, "If you're keen, let me know and I'll come along". I was pretty blown away!

Here's someone that I barely knew but was willing to go the extra mile, beyond her call of duty, to be that support system. And so I agreed (not that she had to push very hard. I always thought she was lovely!). We'd see each other once a week for yoga and started to really get to know each other a bit more. And just last week, I asked if I could cook for her and her partner; kinda as a thank you but also get to know each other more.

Last nite was THE nite. I stressed about it all day but it was a blast! Well, I thought it went down fairly well anyway. They seemed to enjoy it and they were both just such great ppl. The nite was just filled with such buzz and laughter...

Anyhow, so week 2. This week has been slightly busier than last, which has been nice. Dance classes are getting a little more intense as we have our end of year show next Sunday. So it was class as usual on Mon and we have an extra class tomoz. I also managed to start on the flowers that I have to make for Becs' wedding cake. It was good to have help, considering it took 3 of us 4 hrs to make 100 buds! And that's just the first part of many...2 yoga classes instead of 1. We decided to up the pace and hopefully try for 3 sessions a week at some point. Then it was dinner last nite and supposed work today. However, considering the current economic down turn...I got the day off! It's been good to get a few things done but not cool for the pocket.

The next few weeks prior to starting are just going to be a matter of staying busy, keeping myself entertained but yet still taking time to chill. I've been rather good at that and so lets hope I can keep it up.

No comments: