Monday, July 07, 2008

Auckland Reginals Junior Culinary Fare

Another year of Regionals competition is done and dusted again...

And I'm pleased to say that I didn't do too bad a job this year. My marks are still in the land of the unknown, which is why I'm still not as ecstatic as I probably should be, but I did get a gold. But before you get all excited, it does not mean that I came first...

With competitions like this, everyone is marked out of 100 and points are then taken away as they critic your dish. So in any given category, there can be as many or as few golds, silvers and bronzes awarded. Effectively, you are competing against yourself.

The stress, frustration and sleepless nites have been worthwile and I would definitely do it again in a heart beat! But for now, it is time to enjoy the holidays because the minute I'm back at uni in a couple of weeks, it is straight back into competition mode...

So here, enjoy these photos:

Chocolate Mille Feuille, Passionfruit Gel, Pistachio Coulis, Sauteed Pineapple





1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

Yum. They look fabulous and really tasty!

Well done. And enjoy your (short) break.