Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A week on

Currently, I'm well into my second week of holidays. It sure feels like I've been on holiday a lot longer...

Anyhow, aside from being good to myself and taking time out during the first week of holidays I started work at Merediths. It is a good place and very different to SkyCity. I don't regret taking the job there at all. It hasn't been easy though. Because I am only there a couple of times a week, it makes it harder for me to pick things up and personally, I find that frustrating. Some may not see that as a problem at all but being a perfectionist and having such high standards for myself, I hate not being able to just 'get it'. So it's def a learning curve for me...I'm back at work again today for the next 2 days. Hopefully what I learnt last week, I haven't forgotten.

So after work last week, I was going to just laze around at home on Thursday. But I got a call asking if I was keen to do some painting. So off I went and spent the day with Rebecca and Kate in the garden painting the day away. It was nice to have some company as oppose to just vege-ing out in front of the tv. Friday included sending dad off to the airport and taking the Dunn girls out for the afternoon. It was awesome...I had a blast and I think the girls did too. Unfortunately, I got sun-burnt!!! Once on Thurs and again on Fri. Come Friday evening and I was rather sore...

I didn't do much during the day on Saturday. Some friends and I went out for dinner at Bracu in the evening, though, and it was good. Us four have spent a lot of dinners together this year and it's nice to enjoy dinner with some other chefs...Jie Min was heading back the following day so we thought it would be nice to have one more dinner before we went our separate ways only to be meeting up again in late Jan.

So, despite keeping busy and out of trouble I have been pretty disciplined in making time for myself. I guess, it's a little easier to make sure I keep this going at this present point in time as it is the holidays. The true test will be if I can maintain it when I'm back at uni. Oh well...I've got a few more months before I have to worry bout it.

No comments: