Sunday, April 23, 2006

The greatest gift of all...

I'm currently on a 2 week holiday, well kinda. I'm off uni but still running around keeping myself busy so I don't get bored. One of the things I did to keep myself out of trouble is to have some friends that are very dear to me over for a nice casual dinner last Wednesday.

We had a blast; I did anyway, even if they didn't! So thanx for putting up with me guys, I hope bribing you with food was enough. As I promised my lovely Melissa, here are some photos from that nite. She apparently wants these to hassle Frank...I'm just looking forward to hearing all that went on.

Bread & dips to start of the nite. I made a thin, crisp foccacia studded with garlic, rosemary, olives & sea salt. It was served with homemade pesto & olive tapenade.








A cheese board that accompanied bread & dips. The platter consisted of a Double Cream Brie, Kikorangi (a NZ blue for those not living in NZ) & a cheddar.









The Lot! (For nibbles that is...). I'm not that mean to only serve my guest cheese & bread for dinner.










Homemade venison burgers. A venison pattie, a slice of tomato, a piece of cos lettuce sandwiched between 2 slices of toasted baguette. Dad just had to top it off with some good ole tomato sauce...at Jacob's request






Miniature Nicoise Salad, consisting is tomato concasse, beans, hard boiled egg, seared tuna, olives & anchovies all topped with a vinaigrette.










Homemade orange ice cream topped with praline. No skimping on taste (& calories) here-this was made with cream & egg yolks!







This is all I have....I don't have pictures of the other dishes coz they got eaten before I got round to taking photos. I hope this wets your appetite a little to go out and hunt for some good nosh.

Unfortunately I couldn't invite anymore people ( the house is kinda small) but hopefully next time.

2 comments:

jeanie said...

You crack me up Frank! I would have thought that after living with Jacob for a year you'd know him well enough to not feel stink for eating up all your dinner and not saving him some....

Oh well, you can reciprocate the hassling (if you're getting any) or just do it anyway! :)

Sarah said...

I've got to say Jean, that dinner was soooo delicious!

Two weeks later I'm still thinking about it.... mmmmmmmm.........