Thursday, March 09, 2006

Updates from Melbourne

Well I've had a rather long and tiring week but it's been made better by some fantastic news...

  1. My friends, the Pywell's, had a recent addition to their already lovely family. On Thursday, Feb 23, baby Owen was born. He's brother to Leia. I'm very sad that I am not able to be in Melbourne to share with this lovely event. Unlike Owen, I was able to spend time with Leia when she was born coz I spent the weekend with Matt & Felicity the weekend of Leia's birth. Like many in Melbourne, the Pywell's have a special place in my heart. I came to know Matt through gym and Felicity through Matt. Since I've known them, they've always been so loving and constantly have their home open to me (especially when I was at the boarding house). So guys, congratulations and I really wish I was able to see Owen.
  2. Rumour has it that Katherine, my room mate from Yr 12, is making a trip across the Tasman to visit me in June!!! I'm so excited. We haven't seen each other in 2 years and though we catch up over the phone on a regular basis, it's just not the same. This visit will mean a lot to me-she'll be my first visitor, it's Kath's first overseas trip & it will partly make up for my trip to Melbourne that didn't happen back in Nov. I'm also looking forward to her meeting the friends I have made in NZ, especially the cession ones!
  3. Bin[ni], a friend from BUGS gymnastics, might also be making a trip to NZ later in the year. Another little something to look forward to!

I just thought I'd share a little good news from my end of the world...Au revoir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited too!