Thursday, March 30, 2006

Randomness

This past few weeks have been hard for me; a combination of being busy, not enough sleep, people pissing me off etc etc etc and in the midst of all this I've been struggling to hear God. This isn't anything new as I'm still on this journey of discovery-figuring out how He speaks to me and how I hear Him. So when you're in the middle of absolute crap hole, you kinda wanna be able to hear His voice of guidance, comfort, love. I want exactly that but I just can't seem to find it. In the midst of all of the crap going on, I tried to make sense of it all and this was what I came up with...

Made in your image
Yet so far from perfect
A concept so hard to grasp
But continually try to make sense of

Struggling to understand
The mysterious ways in which you work
A conclusion hard to make
Thus none is drawn

Longing to hear your voice
In the good times
And especially in the bad
But the arduous journey continues

4 comments:

Rhett said...

I'm diggin' it my homie!

Geekery said...

Struggling to understand, wanting to hear His voice... that's sommin I can relate to.

jeanie said...

but how can you listen for the wrong thing if you don't even know what you're listening for? I don't know what He sounds like to me...that's prob what I'm struggling with at the moment

Sarah said...

Cool poem Jeanie!! You talented thing.

Thanks for your post Rachel, it's a really good idea and I think I might try it :)