Monday, December 19, 2005

Our Gift

As promised, I will finally tell you what Sarah's and my gift was for the Gifts for Jesus service. But before I do that I'll do my best to fill you in on some of the other gifts that were brought by others...

  1. Ian & Aaron did a cover from a band call Acceptance with Aaron on lead guitar, Ian filling in at various spots and Ian singing! Ian was real good...Melissa even offered him a spot in the worship team...He was quite delighted. Aaron did a fab job on guitar-all in all they were great.
  2. Rhett did an amazing job at the teaching. Though short, it was the best 5 mins sermon ever! Rachel and I decided that he was a "Brett Junior" and from now on we are gonna call him BJ!!!!! He is so much like Brett, I found it quite amusing. Anywayz, he talked about giving and gifts (funny-ly enough) and how the greatest gift you can give anyone is yourself. How true...
  3. Frank shared a prayer by Bono. I found it very thought provoking and good.
  4. Juanita & Neta did a Samoan Slap Dance. Very well done indeed and definitely very original.

These were the few that really stuck out and struck a chord with me. There were a few others that brought lovely gifts too but as I was in a very stressed out state which resulted in a gianormous headache (I was worrying bout our gift) I wasn't quite with it.

SO here goes...Our gift: I kinda asked Sarah is she wanted to do something together and she very nicely said yes. We decided it would be cool if we wrote our own song (and I've always wanted to write my own songs & Sarah is amazing at it. She's written some GOOD stuff) and so we did. Overall we did a good job despite a few hiccups...Oh well, what can you do? I thought I'd share it with those of you so kind to read my blog so here are the words (if you weren't at church last nite, sorry you don't know how it goes but enjoy the words anyway).

Hope
By Sarah & Jean


Living a life full of uncertainty
At every turn I find myself incomplete
Darkness seems to consume all of me
And I can't help myself from falling down

Chorus
But when I look at you
Your face speaks truth
I am renewed
You bring me something I've been needing
Some hope for tomorrow

Every journey holds a lesson to discover
Though it may be hard to find your way
In the end it will be worthwhile
With every step I take

Bridge
Everything around seems to be changing
I never know what to expect
But You are the same always
The joy of knowing You are the only constant in life

So...my sax lessons are back on again with the same tutor. I decided that after my chat to him over the phone the other day I'd give him one more go and he turned up for our lesson today-much to my surprise. It went well and I'm looking forward to getting better. It will be fabulous when I am able to play in a band of some sort. We'll see what happens.

I had a great chat with Kath the other nite. It was great catching up with her again and just hearing how she is growing in her faith. Some great stories there. But most of all, I can't wait til she visits me and meets the crazy bunch of people, that keep me sane, I call my friends!

I start work this week at Celsius. I'm anticipating a very tiring 32 hour week for the next few weeks. However, it'll be good for replenishing much of the money that I've spent over the past few weeks, good training and a good way to keep me from boredom.

In the midst of the busyness of life, I have to get a Christmas cake baked for our Christmas Eve service this Saturday. It's my first go at it so I am expressing my deepest apologies in advance to those that I am inflicting my baking skills on this coming Saturday. How it'll turn out is a mystery to me!

Well, it's off to bed for me to rest up for the week...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie!

Told you that you had to hurry up and blog about Sunday so I could tell you how fantastic it was...

IT WAS BLOOMIN' FANTASTIC!!!!!

Well done you (and Sarah!), it was really something.

Methinks you need to keep reading that perfectionist book though... and no more apologising about baking cakes that we all know will be great, and would love even if they weren't!!

I'm off to hand in my research now...

'and on the 50 millionth day, Rachel created her research project, and she said - it is good!!' (Rachel 1:1).

(sorry - very excited, brain officially mush!)

jeanie said...

Thanx Rachel...

With the cake, I've just poopped it into the oven and it really looks like a disaster! I was being serious.

And I agree with Frank. You should start a blog. It'll be good.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, can't do that - I'm not a geek!! ;)

Rhett said...

I really enjoyed the song :)

Thanks for the kind comments, hope Brett isn't insulted ;).

Just kidding.

jeanie said...

Thanx Rhett...He'd better not be insulted! You were fabulous...

Anonymous said...

Hahahaaahaaa Jeanie I hope you didn't just poop the cake into the oven!.... man alive you've got me laughing!!

jeanie said...

lol...

I didn't even see that! And no I didn't "poop" it into the oven, I popped it into the oven!

BJ said...

Wow, just reading this. I think Rhett and I are both fabulous and our names even rhyme.

I was so bummed to miss GFJ. I'm hoping it got videotaped.

I can't wait to help Rachel set up her blog when we get back. I think it should be called:

"The Gospel According to Rachel"

Merry Christmas all - sorry my blog has sucked the kumara - I can't get it to work.

jeanie said...

That would be sweet when we get Rachel started on her blog!

And yes the GFJ service got video taped so you'll get to have a watch.

Not to help add to your already big head (hehe) but yes, Rhett and you are fab!

Merry X'mas to you too Brett! Hopefully you'll get your blog working soon...

Sarah said...

Sunday night was sooo cool! Jean I had a lot of fun writing and performing that song with you! And everyone's gifts were fantastic, made me realize how talented everyone is. One that stuck out to me was when Jacob spoke - about "what do you get a guy who has everything?". Was really well spoken.

I agree, Rachel should start a blog, then one by one we can slowly.... TAKE OVER THE WORLD! mwhahaha
(but be careful, the geekness is contagious).

Happy Christmas everyone!

BJ said...

awwwww....

I'm back online, using my prayer blog for the moment...you can access it from the old Jonesboy blog...

jeanie said...

nice photo Brett! How appropriate...hehe

And great to know you're back in the loop!