Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Holidays happenings

The past week has been good but not all that eventful. Last Wednesday I met up with Melissa for our usual meeting (and for my hassling fix) and it was another very productive evening. I came away with another book to read: Perfecting Ourselves to Death: The Pursuit of excellence and the Perils of Perfectionism. Melissa found that book and one of the first thoughts she had was me...Funny that! The thing is, Melissa was told to read it first but she was slack and made me do it instead...I am under strict orders to only read one chapter a week which I'm really struggling to do. I'm one to plough through books rather quickly so this is quite a challenge. Anyway, it's going alright so far. I'll fill you in once I've finished the book.

So I had my first saxomophone lesson last Friday and I had a blast! The good thing is that we have been able to wiz through the first half of the book due to my background in piano. And it's not that hard to play. I'm still working on the blowing through the reed but otherwise, I've actually surprised myself at how quickly I've picked it up. I have my next lesson on Thursday. I can't wait.

The service on Sunday was another good one-a nice continuation from the week before. It was a message on and of Hope. It's nice to be reminded once in a while that there is hope in the midst of all the crap that is going on-beit in the world or just personally. Thanx Melissa, it was a great message.

On Monday, Sarah and I had a brain storm and decided on what we were gonna do for the Gifts for Jesus service. I'm not gonna tell you what it is now coz I wanna keep it a surprise but I'll spill the beans after Dec 18. It's going really well, we were actually quite surprised at how far we got that nite. There's still more that needs doing but it's looking good.

Went into uni yesterday for our handback day. Wanted to make sure that I passed all my papers. And I'm very happy to say that I passed! Yay...No resits. Last nite we had our cell group Christmas break up. It was a great time filled with great food, games and people. I'm looking forward to starting up again next year.

I've been looking forward to tonite for a few weeks now. Melissa invited me along to go for a Champagne tasting class with herself and Jacob at their local bottle shop. I'm really excited. Having learnt about wines from France, Germany, Italy, NZ and Australia this past semester I wasn't passing up this opportunity. Don't worry...the Ass. Pastor is not taking Jean out to get drunk! Even is she wanted to she couldn't-Brett has been told about this 'excursion' so we'd get in quite a lot of trouble if we decided to be naughty!

The rest of this week is filled with a going away dinner, on me, with the Gerten's, a cessionconnect breakup/Christmas do and Sarah and I finishing up our gift for the Gifts for Jesus service.

No comments: