Monday, May 05, 2008

holidays/work/Savour NZ

The last 2 weeks saw me on a mid semester break. It wasn't a break I was looking forward to (I know that this wouldn't come as a surprise to many). This was mainly due to the fact that I didn't have much on to keep me occupied til this past weekend.

So as the first week went by I pretty much just bummed around and did bugger all. I was quite ready to head back to uni by the end of the week! As the second week rolled round, I helped dad out with a dinner that he was asked to cater for. That was very much welcomed as it broke the monotony of doing nothing much.

Before the holidays, myself and a few others from uni were asked to help out at the latest Savour NZ. I was looking forward to this the entire holidays and though it was great to be busy it was a big let down. Unfortunately, we ended up being used as slaves for the hotel instead of being used to help out the celebrity chefs, which was what we were told we were gonna be used for.

Fortunately, my boss was at Savour doing demos and I was able to give him a hand. After the demos, I was able to then head into work with him and give them a hand for service. The days I ended up work mounted to bout 15-20hrs each day but I have no regrets. I actually had a blast being back at work!

Since my 5 week holiday, I had yet to go back to work as my boss was finding it tricky to fit me in and I was living off my savings. It was getting pretty dire that I go back to work, not so much for the money (though that is always helpful) but more for my sanity. I was getting really restless each week as the weekend rolled around. I desperately needed to and wanted to go back to work.

So, even though I've had a very very full on weekend with absolute minimal sleep it was a blessing in disguise. My boss finally said OK to me coming back to work and I officially start back this Saturday. Yay...

It started off as a holiday that I dreaded but ended on a fairly high note.

I'm back at uni now and we're back into the swing of things with assessments and assignments to keep me going. This term will be pretty full on with Regional competition looming in the near future it will also entail competition training. Mind you, a friend and I have already started on training for Nationals which is in late August. So, I guess I can now truly say...life is back on the go, finally!

No comments: