Saturday, July 22, 2006

TV, ain't my cuppa tea

I got the much expected call while at work yesterday evening re the TV gig that I auditioned for a while back. Unfortunately, I didn't get it. They decided to go with someone else. Those were her exact words. Oh well...I'm not too fussed. At least I have one thing less to worry about trying to fit into my crazy work schedule.

Having said that, I start on my new roster next week!!!!! 7am-3.30pm Mon-Thurs. How awesome is that?! I even got the WHOLE weekend off. I'm so stoked. I have all my evenings off and a weekend. Which means, I'm not gonna miss out on weddings (sorry Juanita), leadership training, cell grp, coaching gym, church, a social life etc etc etc. And it'll be much easier for me to plan my week and fit in the many meetings that I attend rather than only being able to plan them on Fridays. YAY!

I had my first comp training the other day and it was good. We didn't cook anything but it was still very productive. We worked on skills that day and I turned 3 beetroots, 3 carrots, chopped 2 shallots & 1 onion. It was good. This may not mean a thing to you but 'turning' vegetables is a skill that is not taught much anymore so it is slowly getting lost. But when in competitions, you wanna be able to do it to show that you have skill. The more skill you have, the more points you're gonna get.

3 comments:

Geekery said...

I guess the good thing about not knowing when you were going to be rostered on was that you couldn't plan out every hour of your 24 hour day - you'd have to be semi-spontaneous to actually do anything outside of work. But now, with a fixed scedual, you'll be able to fit every waking moment with an activity, planned out to perfection, down to the milisecond.

(yeah, that was an attempt at humour)

Liz, Scott and Harry said...

Wow Jeanie thats great you've got a regular roster! Sounds pretty good too, 3 days off... I want that timetable!!

As for the tv thing, well, I did say we should have a cession cooking show... :P

BJ said...

awesome...