Friday, July 07, 2006

Cool Kids Cooking

So there is a new cooking program for kids coming to town. When? I don't know...

Today I went for an audition to co-host this cooking program by Top Shelf Productions. The co-host will be working along side Master Chef Marco Kouch teaching kids age 8-12yrs how to cook healthy meals. I'm not quite sure why I agreed to it coz being on tv was never something I saw myself doing. My dreams were and still are to have my own restaurant; maybe have a little cooking school out the back but essentially something to call my own.

But I guess, if I do get the job it would be fantastic exposure. I'm at the stage of my career where if I'm able to be seen, fantastic! Being in an industry where it's not what you know but who you know, every chance I get to be with people that can get me work whether it be directly or indirectly, I have to take that opportunity.

It was interesting to say the least. I won't know for a couple of weeks whether or not I get the job but it was a good experience. This is one of the few things where it really doesn't bother me if I get it or not. It was done for a bit of fun...

We'll see. But I'll let you know when I know!

8 comments:

Geekery said...

If ya need some advice for your TV career, feel free to talk to Hope or Bree.

jeanie said...

Thanx...will do if I get the job!

Anonymous said...

Waht an amazing opportunity! How did you find out about it? And well done for going for it too. As you say - even if you don't get it, the experience of the audition is valuable, and just fronting up means they have met you, and may keep you in mind for something else. Who knows?

jeanie said...

Where have you been Mrs O? I heard about it from my lecturer over the holidays.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an awesome oppertunity!!!!

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Jeanie that is SO funny cos I was saying just last week you should have your own cooking show! What the with possible new cession-kitchen looking like a tv-show kitchen and all.

And totally, even if you don't get it, what an experience.

Yay for Jean!

Anonymous said...

I think you'd be cool on TV - you could cook a lolly cake yummie

Love Aimee xoxo

jeanie said...

Hey Aimee

Thanx. If I do get round to making a lolly cake one of these days, I'll make sure I pass you some!