Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rant

I'm halfway through my 2nd week of holidays at the moment and it's ok. I worked 3 days last week and 2 this week. It was originally 3 days this week as well but because it has been extremely quiet I managed to weasel my way out of work today. Rather nice actually considering I had a mountain of things to get done before I headed down country for a proper hoiday.

Tomorrow, myself and 3 other friends are heading to the snow in Taupo. (Well, we are hoping that the snow cover is still good). We will be driving to Taupo via Tauranga where we will be having lunch at a hotel that my friend works at. It's been a long time since I last saw him so it'll be a nice catch up. This trip will be filled with eating, drinking, skiing and just plain chilling.

I think all of us deserve this time away. We all spent the last term doing ridiculous hours at uni training for compeitions and decided that we'll make sure we have a good time away before term started back on Monday. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

On other news, it's been decided that I will be having surgery to try and fix my wrist. Not the best predicement but hopefully it'll be fixed once and for all. This means that plans for my Melb trip are still up in the air as a dates has yet to be decided upon.

Physically, I'm definitely less drained. The slightly slower pace of the past week has helped despite being at work. However, emotionally and mentally I am still rather exhausted and raw. I am doing better compared to the past month but still a fair way to go before I am even near 100%. The good thing is that I do have a very strong support system here and I am very grateful for that.

Anyhow...I will be taking heaps of photos while I am away so look out for this space!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Oh, poor Jeannie, hope your wrist gets sorted.

Have a lovely break, wish I was there...

Anonymous said...

You'll be 'chilling' at the snow eh? Was the pun intended?