Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Stupidity beyond comprehension

'Insane' best describes the current state of my life. At the moment, I'm in week 3 of a 52 day week. I'm hanging in there but at times....I don't do so well.

Anyway, so my insane life has involved uni, work, competition training and several functions that I have to and will be catering for. This week, for example, involves me being at uni 7 days. Esp with it being competition season, I'm bolted to the kitchen for hours at a time and missing meals. Apart from having enough time for 1 meal a day most days, we also have a very sleep deprived Jean.

I don't think I've ever been more sleep deprived in my entire life. For some bizarre reason, I thought I was in Melb today. And while training and receiving feedback from my lecturer, I kept thinking "You sound very Kiwi. Constantly saying 'aye'. It's feels like a while since I heard that accent...". Mind you, I was in NZ, at uni but for some weird and wonderful reason, I thought I was across the Tasman!!!! Just as well I didn't open my big gob and make myself look like more of a fool than I already am..... *sigh* (Just thought I'd share my stupid moment of a lifetime.)

To keep me mentally on to it and my mind off competition thinking, I've been loaned a fiction book. It's been a rather enjoyable and hilarious read actually. However, it's been a challenging and hard read at times too. I was handed this book to hopefully help me see me and understand me a bit more. (If that even made any sense).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Get some sleep girl!
But I have had moments before where my brain has just not been connecting things together (those three poor cells)... Unfortunately for me, its usually been obvious to those around me!

Alice said...

Hey Jeannie,

Oh, that's nothing! Since I've been away from home for the past 7 months, I woke up every morning unsure which country I was in! Sometimes, I had to write it down on a piece of paper beside my alarm clock!!!

TTFN