Thursday, November 02, 2006

For the love of study

This must be the epitomy of my madness! So...there has been an opportunity for a promotion coming and I found out about it a week ago. It is for the next rank up (Demi chef) from the one I'm currently at(Commi chef) and promotion includes a pay rise too. When I found out about this, I kinda dropped hints about wanting it-not so much for the money but more for the recognition for the amount of work I do. But at the time, he didn't seem like he was going to nominate me for that position to the Exec chef so I just left it as is.

Last nite, the head chef approached me and asked if I was still going back to study next year and I gave him an adament 'yes'. And I then found out that I was going to get the promotion had I not decided that I'm going back to uni.

So I'm a little bummed....

I can still decide to not go to uni and get a promotion instead but I think studying is something I really want to do at this stage. But some prayers on this subject would be great appreciated.

4 comments:

Hungry Hedonist said...

An education is the best investment you could ever make in yourself. Go study and have no regrets.

jeanie said...

Thanx Jen...I am def leaning more towards heading back to uni. But this promotion is just a really annoying niggling at the back of my head.

Geekery said...

Did you just jump over to the new version of blogger.... my bloglines has just updated 25 of your posts, similar to what happened when I switched over... must have too much time on your hands, like me!

Hope you're having a fantastic weekend!

jeanie said...

yes, yes I did....I was just wanting to put a post up after a long while and decided to change over too.